Search This Blog

Friday, May 31, 2013

A Cool Site by Richard Byrne

I have to share a great site I was introduced to recently. The site is called Free Technology for Teachers by Richard Byrne. He provides numerous articles every day to assist teachers. One article I was interested in was titled 5 Good Places for Kids to Learn About the News In this article, Richard provides five sites to help teachers of all levels teach current events to their students. Being a middle school history teacher, I am often searching for easier methods of getting my students involved in the world around them. I especially liked the CNN Student News site to get the students involved in current events.

2 comments:

  1. CNN Student News is a great tool to start the day. When I used to teach in Waterloo, Iowa, I had a self-contained classroom. Because of this, I was able to put the CNN Student News into our daily lessons. It was a great tool for my students!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chad, thanks for letting me know. I think it would be interesting for the kids to watch.

      Delete