Search This Blog

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Where to begin...

Hi!  My name is Steve Pelzer and I currently teach at Mission Middle School in Bellevue, Nebraska.  I began my career teaching Special Education at Logan Middle School in 1992.  After two years at Logan, I moved over to Mission where I have taught Special Education and History (along with a year of Science, and English) over the last 19 years.  I also coach Football, Boys' and Girls' Basketball, and Track at Mission.  A little background on myself...I grew up in Bellevue and attended Betz Elementary, Mission Junior High, and graduated from Bellevue East High School in 1987.  I graduated from the University of Nebraska at Omaha with my B.S. in Social Sciences in 1991 and again from UNO with my M.S. in Behavior Disorders in 1995.  My wife, Teri, and I have been happily married for 20 years and have four wonderful children, Jared (19), Brady (17), Dawson (13), and Madison (11).

When it comes to technology, I have used numerous programs over the years.  I am more used to a PC, but have become more comfortable with a MAC over the last year.  In class, I like to use different technologies such as YouTube, Clickers, Powerpoint, Prezi, etc.

I am starting a Blog to try and connect more with my students.  I want to establish a site where students can review information covered in class, learn more about a certain topic, have access to worksheets, and be able to interact with myself and fellow students.




No comments:

Post a Comment